Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Yakima smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your security system as it links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface places you in complete command of your Yakima home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it will help you and explore tips to get you started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Yakima?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular functionality and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also offers total remote access and control through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can execute:
- Check live or saved video streams from all integrated cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Yakima by programming schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock if the fire alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be inside your home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm your home’s security by adhering to the instructions above. You will then confirm you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Yakima
Even though many users can be set up when you first get your system, you may want to add or remove a user down the road. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote capability, choose phone or email and enter the info to dispatch an request.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, just proceed to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-operate touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Yakima home security system. Dial (509) 790-6958 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.