Are wireless smart homes in Yakima a good idea?
In the not-so-distant past, home security systems were restricted to hard-wired equipment connected through a long installation. Those days are done. Wireless innovation has reinvented the market and created a world of opportunities for residents.
Are you trying to determine if a wireless smart home in Yakima is a good option for your family? Find out what you need to know about wireless solutions.
What you ought to know before going wireless
The backbone of any wireless network is a secure link to the internet. Consistent, speedy internet and a compatible wireless router are the main ingredients you’ll need. If you haven’t updated your router in quite some time, consider switching it out now to take advantage of the most recent performance enhancements.
If you reside in an area without dependable fast internet or cell coverage, you might be better suited with a hard-wired setup. Or, if you move into a residence that is hardwired for security, it could be sensible from a financial standpoint to continue with that setup.
Irregardless of where you are located, network and utility outages can occur. With this in mind, search for security solutions with cellular and battery backups to keep you connected.
What are the advantages of a wireless smart home in Yakima?
The chief objective of any home security system is to defend your household from threats like break-ins and fire. You can achieve this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you intend to benefit from the latest advancements, a wireless smart home is your top choice. When you install a wireless system, you can enjoy the following:
● Remote access: Would you enjoy being able to lock your doors or scan live video from your phone? A wireless smart home provides a measure of access you’ve never had previously. You can remotely check or manipulate any system components, such as your smart thermostat or lights.
● Instant alerts: Not only can you access your system, but it can also reach you. If one of your sensors is triggered, an update will be sent automatically to your smartphone app. You’ll always be alerted when there’s a security event, no matter where you are.
● Flexibility and scalability: Different from wired components, you can install wireless options just about anyplace. Interested in having an indoor camera on your desktop or in your nursery? You got it! It’s also straightforward to add or remove equipment from your wireless smart home.
Potential drawbacks of wireless systems
Although wireless smart homes in Yakima have proven dependable and useful, there are a few potential drawbacks. You should consider the following:
● You might have to switch out batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered components, there’s always the potential for an interruption when the battery dies. However, smart devices will alert you when the battery is depleting and often last for many years without requiring a replacement.
● Placing devices. There may be a limit on how far you may install wireless sensors away from the centralized command hub. This isn’t a concern in the majority of homes, but you need to ask about the restrictions prior to making a decision.
● There’s a threat of online hacking. Just like any computer network, the potential of hacking exists. But you can considerably reduce this risk by using secure passwords, always updating default settings, and choosing routers with integrated security.
Design your Vivint wireless smart home in Yakima today!
Experience everything a wireless smart home can provide by customizing your own with a Vivint representative today. You’ll enjoy having access to your Yakima security system from anywhere. Reach out to (509) 790-6958 to get started.